Individuals frequently put a cockroach issue on poor housekeeping. While cleaning floors, kitchens, and restrooms is helpful and vital to decrease food sources utilized by cockroaches, they might get inside and cause a infestation for different reasons. These nuisances can hitch a ride on invaded things brought inside, get inside by means of breaks and holes in the home’s outside, enter through channels or sewer pipes and a couple of types of cockroaches can fly inside when drawn to lights.
Common Roaches in Louisiana
Cockroaches have existed for millions of years, and there are thousands of species throughout the world today. Some of the more common species include around different parts of Louisiana include German cockroaches, American cockroaches, brown-banded cockroaches and Oriental cockroaches. Want to learn more interesting facts about cockroaches? Check out our blog post on the 10 interesting facts on cockroaches here.
- German cockroaches (Blattella germanica) are one the most common species of cockroaches in Louisiana.
- Theses roaches measure 13 to 16 mm long and are pale brown in color, with two dark-brown stripes behind the head.
- These insects typically live up to 12 months and produce more eggs than other species.
- American cockroaches (Periplaneta americana) are the largest roaches commonly found in Louisiana homes. Adults can grow up to 53 mm in length.
- American cockroaches are reddish-brown to brown in color, with light yellow bands around the shield behind the head.
- Both females and males of this species have wings and are capable of flying small distances.
- American cockroaches can live up to two years and are commonly found in households where food is stored.
Where Do Cockroaches Hide?
Cockroaches are nighttime creepy crawlies. They like to live hidden away from the homeowners, so a cockroach seen during the day is a potential indication of an infestation. Cockroaches will in general lean toward dim, damp spots to stow away and raise and can be found behind coolers, sinks and ovens, just as under floor channels and within engines and significant apparatuses. Since they can level their bodies to squeeze into restricted regions, cockroaches may likewise be discovered stowing away underneath elastic mats, behind backdrop and inside divider breaks.
Cockroach excrement will be noticeable during an invasion. Little insects produce excrement that take after espresso beans or dark pepper, while bigger bugs remove tube shaped droppings. The amount of noticeable excrement is frequently a decent marker of the level or span of pervasion.
A few animal varieties produce disagreeable scents. In case of genuine pervasion, a solid sleek or smelly scent might be available. The groups of dead cockroaches can likewise be found all through the house.
Oval-formed egg cases, known as oothecae, are once in a while apparent behind furnishings and in other secret areas, like the spaces between books.
Step by step instructions to Get Rid of an Infestation
On the off chance that you accept that you have distinguished a cockroach invasion inside your home, contact your local roach control exterminator and schedule a free inspection. Feel free to contact Arrow Termite and Pest Control for a free consultation.
Local & Family Owned Since 1958
Board Certified Entomologist
Free Inspections & Estimates
Professional & Friendly Team
Fully Trained, Licensed Staff
Affordable & Competitive Pricing
Complete Form Below To Get
Your Treatment Scheduled Today!
Termite inspections are a crucial step in safeguarding your home from...
Valentine's Day isn't just about showing love to people; it's also a...
Garden Pest Control is crucial for maintaining a thriving garden, which...