Bed Bug Control, Removal, and Extermination
Arrow Termite & Pest Control is a local and family owned business for over 60 years!
Schedule Free Inspection
Proudly serving Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Slidell, Covington, Lafayette, Shreveport, Houston, and their surrounding areas.
Schedule Free Inspection
Bed Bug Control and Exterminator Services
Bed Bugs Don’t Stand a Chance
Bed Bug Removal Exterminators
A few years ago bed bugs seemed like a myth and were only heard of through a nursery rhyme. However in recent years, bed bug cases have been more common and an increasing problem in major cities with international travel continuing to rise and the 1972 ban of DDT. It is not uncommon to find bed bugs even in nice hotels. Because bed bugs disfavor bright light, they are mainly active at night. Bed bugs have a tiny flat oval body which allows them to hide easily.
Waking up with itchy or bruised skin is a common sign of a bed bug problem. Although they are called bed bugs, they do not just live in beds. Clutter, baseboards, carpeting, sofas and other furniture are all posh resorts for bed bugs. Fortunately, a bed bug problem is entirely controllable under professional care. Using state of the art equipment and techniques, our certified technicians will inspect your home’s environment and construction to identify the problem and determine the best course of action.
We are committed to providing a quick, affordable, and most importantly, effective solution to your pest problem, and we take every measure to protect you and your family’s safety throughout the process. So whether you suspect you have a bedbug problem or just want to make sure you never get one, we have the expertise and training to get rid of your unwanted house guests for good.
The Facts On Bed Bugs
- Bed Bugs hide in bedside furniture and other areas of the room, not just your mattress.
- Bed Bugs can cause red welts from their bites.
- Bed Bugs can feed on a warm body for up to 15 minutes and feed off any part of your body.
- Bed Bugs can be brought to your home on your suitcase.
- Bed Bugs do not carry diseases.
- Bed Bugs are not eliminated by throwing away your mattress.
- Bed Bugs can lay up to five eggs a day and 500 during a lifetime.
How To Know If You Have Bed Bugs
Usually bed bugs are imported into a home through old furniture, beds, visitors, and luggage from a recent trip. Contrary to the common myth, cleanliness is not a determining factor when it comes to bed bug infestations. All that is required for bed bugs to thrive is an abundance of cracks in which to hide and the presence of warm-bodied hosts. A sure sign of bed bugs is when you see tiny reddish-brown bugs along the seams and crevices of your mattress, small blood stains on your mattress, and most obviously, if you start waking up with bruises and red bite marks on your body.
Bed Bug Treatment and Preparation Checklist
- Strip the beds and launder all sheets, pillowcases, mattress pads, and blankets.
- Remove everything from bedroom closets and place in sealed plastic bags.
- Remove everything from dresser drawers, nightstands, and dressing tables, and place in sealed plastic bags.
- Have all clothing and fabrics laundered (hot wash/ hot dryer cycle) or dry-cleaned.
- Remove drapes and have them laundered, dry-cleaned, or replaced.
- Discard cardboard boxes, shoeboxes, paper and plastic bags, old newspapers, stacks of magazines, and similar items in all potentially infested rooms.
- Vacuum all infested rooms, including the floor, mattresses, bedsprings, couches, chairs, closets and closet shelves, shoes, inside dresser drawers and bedside drawers. Vacuum bags are to be placed in a sealed plastic bag and discarded outside. Do not reuse plastic bags.
- All loose items that aren’t discarded need to be placed in a sealed bag in the infested room for inspection and treatment.
Bed bug cases have been more common and an increasing problem in major cities with international travel continuing to rise and the 1972 ban of DDT. It is not uncommon to find bed bugs even in nice hotels.
DIY Solutions Are Not The Answer
Controlling and removing bed bugs requires a professional exterminator with experience in both treatment, preparation, and service. If you find one bed bug in your home, you more than likely have an infestation. These aggressive bed bugs can live weeks with out food, cause health issues, and are difficult to locate.
Arrow Treatment Methods
- Insecticidal dusts
- Liquid insecticides
- High pressure aerosol treatments
- Steam heat treatments
- Insect growth regulators
- Installation of mattress enclosures
- Expanding foam
- Bed bug monitors
Hire A Qualified Bed Bug Exterminator
Bed bugs are gross, carry diesease, and can be hard to eliminate without the experience of a qualified bed bug exterminator. They’ve been known to live for quite a long time without food, and can adjust to various conditions.
10 MYTHS About Bed Bugs
How To Get Rid Of BED BUGS
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of places have bed bugs?
HOTELS AND RESORTS
MOVIE THEATRES AND MORE!
Why choose Arrow to solve your Bed Bug Problem?
Our team has performed over 75,000 bed bug eradications over the past 60 years and has seen many times how they can turn your world upside down. We know what you’re going through and it is truly a privilege to help you in this very difficult time.
This is for most people, a very traumatic event and we want to partner with you, form a plan, and get you your life back as quickly as possible.
How do we get rid of the Bed Bugs?
Over the past 60 years we have used every single method that is available for eradicating bed bugs.
Each of these treatments works, to some extent or another, but we have found what we think is the best all around treatment based on our experience.
We use a combination of aerosol, liquid and dust. This 3-prong attack is by far the most effective method and is also the most cost-effective as well.
Why don’t we use the common Heat Method?
It’s simple…it’s the most profitable method out there today, because it’s the most costly. The problem is, it is not always effective because bed bugs simply go into an area that is not as hot as it needs to be and then they don’t all get eradicated. This method also does not leave any residue and therefore is not nearly as effective over time.
Our Bed Bug Control Guarantee
Arrow Termite & Pest Control guarantees that if you have any problems between visits, we will gladly come back out to your home free of charge! If you are not completely satisfied with your service after we have tried to rectify the problem, Arrow will give you your money back!
Why Choose Arrow Termite and Pest Control?
Local & Family Owned Since 1958
Free Inspections & Estimates
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Board Certified Entomologist
Professional & Friendly Team
Fully Trained, Licensed Staff
Affordable & Competitive Pricing
Highly satisfied with the service...
-Google Review, Jennifer L
Highly professional service...
-Google Review, Christian A
She is very thorough inside and out...
-Google Review, Emily K
Thorough, professional, courteous...
-Google Review, Micheal D
-Google Review, Samantha S
I am pleased with their response...
-Google Review, K Weetkins
-Google Review, H Gheriani
Got Bed Bugs? Get Arrow!
Check Out Our Blog
Arrow Termite & Pest Control