Rodent Control and Exterminator Services
Arrow Termite & Pest Control is a local and family owned business for over 60 years!
Schedule Free Inspection
Proudly serving Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Slidell, Covington, Lafayette, Shreveport, Houston, and their surrounding areas.
Schedule Free Inspection
Rodent, Rat, and Mice Control
Rodents Don’t Stand a Chance
For most homeowners, discovering a rodent in your home is incredibly unsettling and can lead to structural damage and long-term health issues. Mice and rats can squeeze through the tiniest of holes and crevices to enter into your home, using pipes, gaps beneath doors, and utility lines. ¼ of an inch is all it takes.
Rodent Control Service & Rodent Exclusion Services by Arrow Termite and Pest Control. The highest rated local rodent control, trapping, exclusion, and sanitation company in the greater Baton Rouge area. We hire and extensively train our team of rodent fighting technicians to understand the structure of a home and how to properly seal it to keep rodents out. The best way to keep your home rodent-free is to prevent rats and mice from ever getting inside.
Rats and mice can wreak havoc on the structure of your home and your health. Rodents leave feces droppings, urine stains, scratch and grease marks, chewed up material, odors, disease, and spread fleas, ticks, mites, and other pests!
Rodents fit through very small openings and can gnaw through wood, lead, aluminum, copper, cinder block, and uncured concrete.
Arrow’s Rodent Control Services
Trapping & Baiting
Our expert rodent trapping team will inspect your entire property and strategically place traps. These traps inside the home will be industry approved snap traps or glue boards. On the exterior of the home we will place larger rodent stations if required. Our team will periodically check and service the traps.
Interior & Exterior Exclusion
A rodent infestation starts from the outside. They search for food and shelter and our staff is highly trained at identifying structural vulnerabilities in your home or business. We will quickly seal off these areas using high grade construction material and provide any other services in relation to trapping and sanitation.
Sanitation & Cleanup
Arrow does offer clean-up services in attics for rodent infestations that cause severe odor and threats to air quality due to heavy urine and feces. This is done through sanitizers, misting machines, vacuums, and physical removal of nests and other infested materials. Rodents carry disease and are a huge health hazard.
Rodents sense of smell is 2.5 times greater than of humans. Our repellent forces the rodents to go elsewhere preventing them from entering the structure. The eco-friendly repellent is made up of essential oils that contain a smell that rodents hate. The liquid binds to the foundation and is not easily washed off.
Insulation Removal & Replace
Rodents can damage insulation by building nests, tearing through it, and by contaminating it with urine and feces. Besides building their nests, some rats also eat the insulation and leave gaps behind. Arrow offers an insulation removal and replacement services with additional options to help rodent proof your attic.
So I have rodents in my home! What does that come with?
- Droppings: The average rodent has 50 droppings per day!
- Urine Stains, Odor: Viruses from rodents are transmitted to people primarily through the air. These urine stains, droppings, or odors can ruin your home and place your health at great risk.
- Structural Damage, Chewing & Gnawing: Rodents will chew electrical wires, wood, paper, cloth, insulation, plastic, and just about anything they see useful in building their nests. They will seek food, warmth, and comfort by any means necessary.
- Disease: Rodents are known to transmit Hantavirus, Salmonella, and other diseases. Their continued presence can also diminish air quality in your home.
- Scurrying, Scratching, Grease Marks: If you have rodents in your home you’ll begin to hear them scurrying and scratching inside your walls. Rodents routinely rub their bodies against runways and walls while doing this and leaving grase marks behind.
- Increased Pests In Your Home: Rodents can easily spread fleas, ticks, mites, and other pests!
- Landscaping & Garden Damage: Rats and Mice will also can dig up and feed on newly planted crops in gardens, cause damage before harvest, and burrow into other areas on the property for food and nesting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Arrow offer one-time solutions or can I sign up for a maintenance plan?
We offer both of these options for customers. It’s important we complete a full inspection on your home and present a temporary solution to erradicate the existing problem then move forward with discussing a rodent prevention plan. Our solutions include snap traps, glue boards, exterior rodent stations, sanitation, removal, and customer education.
Are your products safe for my home and pets?
All of our methods for rodent extermination and chemical treatments are approved by the EPA. Our team will educate the homeowners about the products and solutions installed for service. A technician will ensure a safe deployment of any application or trapping device.
How did rodents get inside my structure?
Rodents such as mice and rats can cause serious issues if they find their way in indoors. Their long, flexible and cylindrical body shape allows them to fit through tiny cracks and crevices. In fact, rats can maneuver through holes as small as a quarter and mice can squeeze through openings the size of a dime.
I have rats or mice. Where are they most likely hiding?
Among homeowners who have seen a rodent in their home in the past year, the top four places spotted were the kitchen, garage, attic, or basement.
Do rodents carry diseases and can I get sick?
Rodents worldwide are responsible for carrying up to 35 different diseases. Viruses from rodents are transmitted to people primarily through the air. These urine stains, droppings, or odors can ruin your home and place your health at great risk.
How much experience does Arrow have with handling rodent issues?
We have over 60 years of experience in rodent control. Our methods have helped thousands of people over the years and we continue to develop better solutions at a more affordable rate. Please take advantage of our 10% off initial treatment special.
Fear not, Arrow has the solution!
- Exterior and Interior Exclusion: Arrow will identify the areas of rodent entry and will seal those areas and other common entry points so future rodent infestations don’t occur.
- Interior Glue Boards: Arrow will utilize scented non-toxic glue boards inside the structure. This makes for a quick catch and easy disposal for the homeowner.
- Interior Snap Traps: Arrow will strategically place lured snap traps and come back to check the traps and dispose of any rodents.
- Sanitation and Cleanup: Arrow does offer clean-up services in attics for rodent infestations that cause severe odor and threats to air quality due to heavy urine and feces. This is done through sanitizers, misting machines, vacuums, and physical removal of nests and other infested materials.
- Contaminated Insultation Removal Services: Professional team have developed a safe, effective procedure for removing soiled insulation from attics or crawlspaces. Using commercial insulation removal Vacuums are able to remove all of the insulation and other contamination in an attic WITHOUT any of it traveling through the living space of the home. Our experienced staff will removed and replace your attic insulation Contaminated with animal feces and urine.
- Rodent Repellent Treatment: Rodents sense of smell is 2.5 times greater than of humans. They feel most comfortable when they can run along side walls with their whiskers touching. This puts their nose right next to the foundation which has been sprayed with our rodent repellent treatment. The smell forces the rodents to go elsewhere preventing them from entering the structure. The eco-friendly repellent is made up of essential oils that contain a smell that rodents hate. The liquid binds to the foundation and is not easily washed off.
- Exterior Rodent Stations: These secured boxes are placed outside with bait or snap traps inside and are monitored on a routine basis. *If bait is used, Arrow does not guarantee that a rodent will not die in your wall.
- Education: Arrow will educate you on how to make your home naturally less appealing the rodents! Please view our Rodent Tips Below!
Rodent Tips: In general, cleanliness is the enemy of rodents!
- Make sure any pet food is secure and stored properly. Do not leave pet food (or any food) out overnight.
- Trash needs to be secured properly where rodents do not have easy access.
- Vegetation needs to be cut back from the home as much as possible. Trees do not need to be overhanging the home.
- Make sure your home has proper drainage and no standing water is around that will attract rodents. Small bird baths and clogged gutters are common to attract rodents.
- Routinely inspect your home for cracks and potential entry points for rodents. A/C vents and other utilities going into your wall are common points.
- Rodents can scale walls vertically. Remember to inspect attics vents and eaves for entry points as well.
Controlling and removing rodents, rats, and mice require a professional exterminator with experience in both treatment, preparation, and service. If you find one rat or mouse in your home, you more than likely have an infestation. These aggressive rodents can live weeks with out food, cause health issues, and are difficult to locate.
Rats and mice are gross, carry diesease, and can be hard to eliminate without the experience of a qualified rodent control exterminator. They’ve been known to live for quite a long time without food, and can adjust to various conditions.
Current Customers: Preventative exclusion and rodent control can be added to a regular pest control contract for a nominal fee. Please call for more details.
Our Rodent Control Guarantee
Arrow Termite & Pest Control guarantees that if you have any problems between visits, we will gladly come back out to your home free of charge! If you are not completely satisfied with your service after we have tried to rectify the problem, Arrow will give you your money back!
Why Choose Arrow Termite and Pest Control?
Local & Family Owned Since 1958
Free Inspections & Estimates
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Board Certified Entomologist
Professional & Friendly Team
Fully Trained, Licensed Staff
Affordable & Competitive Pricing
-Google Review, Jennifer L
-Google Review, Christian A
-Google Review, Emily K
-Google Review, Micheal D
-Google Review, Samantha S
-Google Review, K Weetkins
Got Rats or Mice? Get Arrow!
Check Out Our Blog
Arrow Termite & Pest Control