Bed Bug Extermination
Bed bug cases have been more common and an increasing problem in major cities with international travel continuing to rise and the 1972 ban of DDT.
It is not uncommon to find bed bugs even in nice hotels.
A few years ago bed bugs seemed like a myth and were only heard of through a nursery rhyme. However in recent years, bed bug cases have been more common and an increasing problem in major cities with international travel continuing to rise and the 1972 ban of DDT. It is not uncommon to find bed bugs even in nice hotels. Because bed bugs disfavor bright light, they are mainly active at night. Bed bugs have a tiny flat oval body which allows them to hide easily.
Waking up with itchy or bruised skin is a common sign of a bed bug problem. Although they are called bed bugs, they do not just live in beds. Clutter, baseboards, carpeting, sofas and other furniture are all posh resorts for bed bugs. Fortunately, a bed bug problem is entirely controllable under professional care. Using state of the art equipment and techniques, our certified technicians will inspect your home’s environment and construction to identify the problem and determine the best course of action. We are committed to providing a quick, affordable, and most importantly, effective solution to your pest problem, and we take every measure to protect you and your family’s safety throughout the process.
So whether you suspect you have a bedbug problem or just want to make sure you never get one, we have the expertise and training to get rid of your unwanted house guests for good.
The facts on Bed Bugs:
- Bed Bugs hide in bedside furniture and other areas of the room, not just your mattress.
- Bed Bugs can cause red welts from their bites.
- Bed Bugs can feed on a warm body for up to 15 minutes and feed off any part of your body.
- Bed Bugs can be brought to your home on your suitcase.
- Bed Bugs do not carry diseases.
- Bed Bugs are not eliminated by throwing away your mattress.
- Bed Bugs can lay up to five eggs a day and 500 during a lifetime.
How do you know if you have bed bugs?
Usually bed bugs are imported into a home through old furniture, beds, visitors, and luggage from a recent trip. Contrary to the common myth, cleanliness is not a determining factor when it comes to bed bug infestations. All that is required for bed bugs to thrive is an abundance of cracks in which to hide and the presence of warm-bodied hosts. A sure sign of bed bugs is when you see tiny reddish-brown bugs along the seams and crevices of your mattress, small blood stains on your mattress, and most obviously, if you start waking up with bruises and red bite marks on your body.
Arrow Treatment Methods:
- Insecticidal dusts
- Liquid insecticides
- High pressure aerosol treatments
- Steam heat treatments
- Insect growth regulators
- Installation of mattress enclosures
- Expanding foam
- Bed bug monitors
Bed Bug Treatment Preparation Checklist
- Strip the beds and launder all sheets, pillowcases, mattress pads, and blankets.
- Remove everything from bedroom closets and place in sealed plastic bags.
- Remove everything from dresser drawers, nightstands, and dressing tables, and place in sealed plastic bags.
- Have all clothing and fabrics laundered (hot wash/ hot dryer cycle) or dry-cleaned.
- Remove drapes and have them laundered, dry-cleaned, or replaced.
- Discard cardboard boxes, shoeboxes, paper and plastic bags, old newspapers, stacks of magazines, and similar items in all potentially infested rooms.
- Vacuum all infested rooms, including the floor, mattresses, bedsprings, couches, chairs, closets and closet shelves, shoes, inside dresser drawers and bedside drawers. Vacuum bags are to be placed in a sealed plastic bag and discarded outside. Do not reuse plastic bags.
- All loose items that aren’t discarded need to be placed in a sealed bag in the infested room for inspection and treatment.
10 MYTHS About Bed Bugs
How To Get Rid Of BED BUGS
I shopped around a decent amount before choosing a pest control company. These guys are very competitively priced, but also have amazing service!
Arrow Termite & Pest Control